Saturday, January 15, 2011

Featured User Review: Dura-Ace 7900 Groupset



Price: $1380.00 at chainreactioncycles
Overall Rating: 5 of 5
Value Rating: 5 of 5
Bike Setup:
Scott Addict. DA 7900. DA C24 Clinchers.
Summary:

This is a strange review for me because I’ve long been a Campag fan. Before I go any further I just want to say I respect the opinion of all the other reviewers here and I don’t want to start any arguments about DA vs Red vs SR, I simply want to convey my experiences with this groupset.

I’ve ridden Campag on my favourite bikes for years and so has my wife. Our “best bikes” have had Chorus 11 on them for about 18 months. My brother bought a SRAM Red group about 6 months ago and I’ve been able to play with his bike for most of this time as he works away. About 1 year ago I bought a Cannondale CAAD 9 with DA 7900 and FSA SLK crank (which uses the BB30 system). I didn’t need it but it was 50% off and I’ve always wanted one so the wife gave me the nod. I always had the intention of fitting the Chorus 11 to it if I preferred the frame but a strange thing happened…
After having them all at my disposal I quickly worked out I didn’t like the Red. It is ruthlessly efficient but the hood shape doesn’t work for me and although it shifts fast, you need to use a lot of force at the lever.
(rbreview)

0 comments:

Post a Comment